As we approach the holidays, please consider how your plans can be modified to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Small gatherings are a contributor to the rise of COVID-19 cases. This year, we recommend that you forgo the traditional holiday gatherings and only celebrate in person with immediate family in your household and connect virtually with those outside your home. The holidays are important; however, staying home is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones.
If you choose to celebrate in person with people outside your household:
- Limit contact with people outside your household for 14 days before the gathering.
- Wear a mask at all times around people who don’t live in your household.
- Limit close contact by maintaining 6 feet or more from people outside your household.
- Limit contact with commonly touched surfaces
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 sec.
- Get tested before the gathering
The following testing sites are open for your service- consider testing 1-3 days before you plans on gathering. Details at www.covid19.memphistn.gov
Poplar Healthcare: Sat 1-7 p.m. / Sun 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
3495 Hacks Cross Rd.
Lamar location (Lamar and 240, old Lamar vehicle inspection station): Sat 1-7 p.m. and Sun 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1720 RKS Commercial Drive
Appling location (UCH Appling Emissions Station): Sat 1-7 p.m. and Sun 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
2355 Appling City Cove
Shelby Country Schools: Sat 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
2687 Avery Avenue
People with or exposed to COVID-19 and those who have not met the criteria for when it is safe to be around others (10 days since symptoms appeared 24 hours with no fever or medication), please do not host or participate in any in-person
If you think you have been exposed during the celebration, get tested, stay home as much as possible, and monitor yourself for COVID symptoms.
Click below for a video message from Dr. Manoj Jain.