|Shelby County COVID-19 Cases|
|Total Shelby County Cases||43,833|
|New Cases Today||192|
|Deaths Reported Last 24 Hours||4|
|Total Tested in Shelby County||621,879|
Tennessee Total Cases
As of 2:00 p.m. 11/17/20
|Tipton County, TN||3,138|
|Desoto County, MS||9,117|
|Crittenden County, AR||2,801|
|Numbers current as of 10:00 a.m. 11/18/20|
Health Directive No. 14 provides further protection for individuals who are facing eviction and to clarify ongoing questions about whether schools may reopen.
- It provides the following required notice to tenants in eviction matters: “If you or anyone in your household are currently quarantined or are in isolation due to COVID-19 and are unable to secure housing at this time, please notify the Shelby County Health Department by calling 901-222-MASK (which is 901-222-6275) or by faxing the information to 901-222-8249. Temporary housing support may be available.”
- It provides clarification that school opening/closure decisions are for the local boards of education. The Health Department will provide technical assistance as requested by any school.
- The Shelby County Health Department, in collaboration with the Shelby County Joint Task Force Team and RedRover Sales & Marketing Strategy, has created an online hub for COVID-19. Visit https://shelby.community/ for testing information, frequently asked questions and resources both communities and businesses.
FightFluTN 2020 Drive-Through Events:
- The Shelby County Health Department is offering free flu vaccinations at no charge during a special statewide “FightFluTN 2020” vaccination event on Thursday, November 19, 2020.
- The influenza vaccine will be offered at no charge at two convenient locations in Shelby County during the hours of 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. No appointment is needed. Below are the locations offering FREE flu vaccinations. Both sites are also COVID-19 testing sites and will offer free COVID-19 testing as well as free flu vaccinations.
- Lamar Emissions Station: 1720 RKS Commercial Cove | Memphis, TN 38114
- Millington Public Health Clinic: 8225 Highway 51 North | Millington, TN 38053
Shelby County has plenty of testing capacity available, and anyone who thinks they need a test should get one. Two of the community drive-through testing sites are now available to anyone, and no appointment is needed during their regular testing hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Those sites are:
- 2355 Appling City Cove
- 1720 RKS Commercial Cove (off Lamar Avenue)
The Health Department strongly recommends vaccination against influenza. It is possible to get the flu and COVID-19 at the same time, and that may increase the risk of severe illness. The flu vaccine will not protect you against COVID-19, but it is the best protection we have against seasonal influenza.
Flu vaccine is now available on a sliding fee scale based on income at all the Health Department’s public health clinics listed below:
- Cawthon Public Health Clinic
1000 Haynes, 38114
- Collierville Public Health Clinic (Tuesday and Thursday Only, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
167 Washington St., 38017
- Hickory Hill Public Health Clinic
6590 Kirby Center Cove, 38118
- Immunization Clinic
814 Jefferson, Rm. 216, 38105
- Millington Public Health Clinic
8225 Highway 51 North, 38053
- Southland Mall Public Health Clinic
1287 Southland Mall, 38116
- Sycamore View Public Health Clinic
1826 Sycamore View Road, 38134
The Health Department is committed to providing as much information as possible to the public as the COVID-19 situation continues to develop. The Health Department’s hotline number 901-222-MASK (6275), was activated March 12, 2020. Since that date, it has fielded thousands of calls from the general public about COVID-19.
Below are statistics about calls into the hotline since March 12, 2020, and a daily number of hotline calls fielded yesterday.
|Health Department Call Center Statistics|
|Total Calls Received since 3/12/20||15,205|
|Total Calls Answered 11/17/20||142|
The COVID-19 hotline is answered each day, including Saturday and Sunday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After-hours calls are returned as soon as possible on the next business day.
The Health Department is also providing a live weekly update for media partners each Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at 12:00pm via Go To Webinar through the COVID-19 Joint Task Force. Interpretation services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing communities will be available.
Keeping Shelby County residents, elected officials, and faith and community leaders informed is an important part of our strategy to control the spread of COVID-19 in our community.