CDC Approved Booster Dose of COVID vaccine to certain populations
A single dose of a Pfizer- COVID-19 vaccine “booster shot is available to the following people who have received their first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine at least 6 months ago :
• People 65 years and older;
• Residents in long-term care settings;
• People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions;
• People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions, based on their individual benefits and risks; and
• People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of their occupational or institutional setting, based on their individual benefits and risks.
HOMEBOUND VACCINATION REQUESTS
If you need a COVID-19 vaccination and are unable to leave your residence, either on your own or with assistance, please call 901-222-SHOT (7468) for more information about receiving the COVID-19 vaccination in your home. Once your request is received, a member of our Healthcare Navigator team will contact you within 1-2 weeks for an appointment.
First, Second and Third Doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine are available
Shelby County Health Department Immunization Clinic
Ages 12 & Up
The minimum age to receive a COVID-19 vaccine is now 12 & up. Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in order to be vaccinated. Parent or guardian will be required to show ID and complete and sign a consent form on-site for their child to be vaccinated.
Now administering the vaccine at the following community locations:
All Community locations offer Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson Vaccines.
Other Vaccine Locations
Vaccine is also offered at the private providers below. Click each one to learn more about the signup process.
Baptist Medical Group
BMG – Collierville Vaccine Clinic
400 Market Blvd.
Collierville TN 38017
BMG – Finn Medical Associates
6025 Walnut Grove, Suite 627
Memphis, TN 38120
Baptist Memorial Hospital – Memphis
6019 Walnut Grove Road
Memphis TN 38120
Baptist Memorial Hospital – Collierville
1500 W Poplar Ave
Collierville, TN 38017
First Baptist Church on Broad
2835 Broad Avenue
Memphis, TN 38112
First Pharmacy Services
Pfizer, Moderna, & Johnson & Johnson (when available)
1087 Alice Ave
Open Monday – Friday 9am-4:30pm
No Appointment Necessary
Eligible Veterans over the age of 18, there are multiple ways for a Veteran to get an appointment for a COVID Vaccination:
- By Phone: Dial (901) 523-8990, push 3, to schedule an appointment for COVID Vaccination at Memphis VA Medical Center.
- By Text: Send text “START” to 53079 to start using VEText to get text messages from the Memphis VA Medical Center on these events.
- By Directly Scheduling using an App: Direct schedule for COVID Vaccination at Memphis VA Medical Center by using Veterans Appointment Request app: https://mobile.va.gov/app/va-online-scheduling. Veterans can get more information on how to direct schedule an appointment by visiting My HealtheVet site at https://www.myhealth.va.gov/ or https://www.va.gov/health-care/schedule-view-va-appointments/.
- Stay informed: Veterans can sign up at https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/stay-informed to be alerted about vaccine information.
University Clinical Health
1068 Cresthaven Suite 110
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
City Of Memphis Vaccine Locator
Know the Facts
Here are a few links that serve as guidance related to misinformation regarding treatment for COVID-19.
Monoclonal Antibody treatments in Shelby County:
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Regional One Medical Center
Methodist University Hospital
Methodist Minor Medical Center Hacks Cross
Hope Primary Care, PLLC
Baptist Memorial Hospital
People First Urgent & Primary Care
BMG Wolf River Pharmacy
More locations around Tennessee can be found at https://covid19.tn.gov/antibody-infusion-locations/
Get Tested for COVID-19
New and Expanded Testing Sites
If you are not feeling well or think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please get tested. Please Do NOT GO TO the Emergency Room or call an ambulance to get tested.
If you need to find a COVID-19 testing center near you, you may call 833-556-2476 or 877-857-2945 or view the map below. Please call ahead to make an appointment at a location near you.
Need a ride to get a Covid19 Test or Vaccine, call 901RideChoice
More COVID-19 Vaccine Details
COVID-19 vaccines help our bodies develop immunity to the virus that causes COVID-19 without us getting the illness. The vaccines are very effective and safe and will not give you COVID-19. The vaccine that will be available in Shelby County is a mRNA vaccine provided by Pfizer and Moderna. Click below to learn more details.
Memphis Area GIS Dashboard
For updated COVID-19 cases in Shelby County and Tennessee
BlueCross Foundation Selects Two Additional COVID-19 Campaigns for Funding
The $533,940 grant from the BlueCross Foundation will fund the “Your Best Shot” campaign, a project of the Memphis and Shelby County COVID-19 Joint Task Force, which will promote the vaccine in Shelby County with the goal of vaccinating 656,000 residents in the next six to eight months.